- In each district one agency to deal with all requirements of small and village Industries. This is called “District Industries Centre”
- The District Industries Centres have undertaken various programmes for investment promotion at the grassroot level such as a organizing seminars workshops, extending support for trade fairs and exhibitions organized by various Industries associations.
- All the services and support required by for MSME units under the single roof of the District Industries Centre. The Centre has a separate wing to look-after the special needs of cottage and house-hold industries as district from small industries.
General Manager is the head of the District Industries Centre. The post of General Manager is of Joint / Deputy Commissioner level. The General Manager has senior officers to assist him, such as Manager (Raw Material), Manager (Credit), Manage (Economic Investigation), Manager (Marketing) Industrial Promotion Officer(IPO) and Technical Officer cum Project Manager (PM).
Monitoring of DICs
The functioning of DICs and their achievement is monitored by Industries Commissioner, Meeting of General Managers are organized frequently to evaluate the performance and also help in resolving difficulties in implementation of different schemes.To resolve the problems of industries/industrialists, there are two types ofcommittee at the district level viz.
District Industrial Executive Committee (DIEC)
DIEC is constituted for solving industry related problems And promoting industrtial growth. District Colector is the Chairman of this Committee and General Manager of DIC is the Member Secretary. The other members of the DIEC are President of District Panchayat, DDO, MP, MLAs, Prominent persons active in Industries in the district and members of all district level industries associations.
Single Window Industrial Follow up Team (SWIFT)
Enterpreneurs face many difficulties when they start new industries. They have to deal with many government agencies and get many clearances. SWIFT helps them in guiding solving their problems at a single spot. This committee is working under the District Collector, General Manager of DIC is the Member Secretary and District Development Officer is Vice President of SWIFT. All industries related officers in the district are members of this committee.
Functions of DICs
- EM Part-I acknowledgement
- EM Part-II acknowledgement
- Lubricating, Oil, Grease Licence
- Recommendation for bonafied industrial purpose of land
- District or Taluka Level
- Buyer-Seller & Exhibition
- Recovery of Package Loan margin Money Loan & Subsidy
- Welfare of Salt Workers and Recovery of Royalty from Salt Workers.
- Follow up of Industrial Approvals.
- Follow up of units which have availed benefits under incentives schemes
Self Employment scheme
- Recommendation of loan applications under Vajpayee Bankable Scheme
- Recommendation of loan application under PMEGP Scheme
- Manav Kalyan Yojana – Tool kits to artisans.
Self Employment scheme
- Package Scheme
- Handloom Development Scheme
- Training & Production centre
- Woolen Carpet Centre
- Weaving Scheme
- Recovery of Loan & Share contribution of Co-operative Societies
- Liquidation of Industrial Society
- Preparation of Project Profiles
- Audit of Industrial Society
- Gramodyog Vikas Kendra
- Hastakala Mela