The Magisterial branch is an instrumental branch in the Collectorate as by virtue of his post a District Collector is also a District Magistrate. The branch mainly functions in the cases related to CrPC, The Bombay Police Act-1951, The Prohibition Act-1949, Arms Act-1959, PASA etc. Arms license, Petroleum storage NOC etc. are issued by this Branch. Law and Order situations in the district are also looked after by this branch under the direct control & Supervision of the District Magistrate.
- Issue of Arms license for self protection, renewal of license, duplicate license, extension of purchase period of weapon, permission to sell/purchase of weapon , NOC to purchase weapon etc.
- NOC for storage of Petroleum products/LPG/CNG.
- To renew the poison license.
- Functions related to the law and order of the district.
- Innovative cinema / video licensing.
- Operation Under Securitization Act
- Operation Under Securitization Act.